Corporate Environmental Policy
ABnote is a global manufacturer and supplier of secure transaction products, such as plastic cards, driver licences, documents, passports, cheques, etc. and is security accredited by Visa, MasterCard, EuroPay and American Express. ABnote is committed to being a good corporate citizen and to continuously improve the way it develops, applies and provides practical and environmentally responsible products and services.
- Demonstrate due diligence in the provision of its services;
- Manage its work activities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of ecologically sustainable development;
- Continually improve its environmental performance, prevent pollution and responsibly minimise and control its wastes by introducing re-use and re-cycling schemes to the maximum extent possible;
- Comply with all applicable National, State and Local Government environmental legislation and regulations to meet ISO 14001 requirements;
- Build awareness of its environmental objectives throughout the organisation and assign responsibility for specific environmental management tasks;
- Regularly review significant aspects of its business which have environmental impacts to identify where further improvements can be made and establish standards for environmental performance;
- Encourage all ABnote management and employees to identify environmental issues and opportunities relating to their processes and develop and implement practical initiatives to address them;
- Use and produce environmentally friendly products;
- Apply waste management hierarchy: “avoid, reduce, reuse, recycle, reclaim, treat and dispose”;
- Continue to implement effective and innovative waste management strategies with minimisation of non-renewable energy use a priority issue;
- Continue to participate in associated industry groups promoting and developing effective collection and recycling infrastructure programs for our products; and
- Communicate openly and constructively with responsible environmental interests, government authorities and the community generally through the ABnote web site.
A key aim is the minimization of resource waste and environmental impact. We accept the waste management hierarchy: "avoid, reduce, reuse, recycle, reclaim, treatment and disposal".
We will continue to implement effective and innovative waste management strategies with minimization of non-renewable energy use a priority issue.
As waste recycling programs are a key element in product waste management strategies, we will continue to participate in associated industry groups promoting and developing effective collection
and recycling infrastructure programs for our products. In addition, through industry groups, we will strive to ensure customers, suppliers, government and the community are aware of our recycling
and waste minimisation activities.
ABnote will identify and implement energy efficiency opportunities to improve energy use.
Sustainable Products & Services
ABnote assists clients in reducing their impact on the environment. We will bring innovative and new technology to clients that will assist them to reduce their environmental impact.
We will continue to develop products that utilise services, processes, materials and technologies that reduce carbon output.